- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Zee Tamizh to dub Zee TV’s ‘Jamai Raja’ as ‘Mappillai’
MUMBAI: Zee Tamizh is all set to launch the dubbed version of its Hindi sister channel Zee TV’s popular show ‘Jamai Raja’.
Titled ‘Mappillai’, the show will launch on 16 February, airing at 8 pm from Monday to Friday.
‘Jamai Raja’ on Zee TV has been garnering positive response on the ratings chart since its launch. In fact, the show was at the second spot in the best debut fiction show of 2014 with 5488 TVTs (television viewership in thousands).
The show is the first TV series from the production house Grazing Goats Pictures, started by former Colors programming head Ashvini Yardi and Bollywood star Akshay Kumar.
‘Mappillai’ will present the story of Siddharth who, despite being a jet-setting hotelier with a growing empire to tend to, takes it upon himself to repair the estranged relationship between his wife Roshni and mother-in law Durga Devi. While Durga Devi has seen days of poverty and struggles, she has hardened over the years and developed a somewhat condescending view of the middle class.
There is, on the other hand, a rebellious streak in Roshni. Born in the lap of luxury, she has not let her riches spoil her silly. She feels strongly for the underprivileged and works actively for their welfare through her NGO.