- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Zee Studio, Zee Studio HD to premiere ‘The BFG’ on 26 Jan
MUMBAI: As part of their ‘Platinum Premiere’ initiative for Republic Day, English movie channels Zee Studio and Zee Studio HD will air ‘The BFG’ for the first time on Indian television at 1 pm and then again at 9 pm.
Directed by the Oscar-winning filmmaker Steven Spielberg, ‘The BFG’ stars Mark Rylance, Ruby Barnhill, Penelope Wilton, Jemaine Clement, Rebecca Hall, Rafe Spall and Bill Hader. The fantasy adventure is based on the 1982 novel of the same name by Roald Dahl. In the movie, a 10-year-old orphan girl Sophie befriends a benevolent giant, named the ‘Big Friendly Giant’, who takes her to the Giant Country, where they attempt to stop the man-eating giants that are invading the human world.
To grab maximum eyeballs for the premiere, the channel is introducing a ‘Watch & Win’ contest on 26 January for its fans. The viewers will have to answer few simple questions asked during the premiere at 1 pm & 9 pm by sending a tweet to @Zee Studio using #BFGonZStudio. The lucky ones will stand a chance to win Crossword vouchers and Zee Studio merchandise.