- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary gets interim charge of WION, DNA
MUMBAI: Zee Media Corporation Ltd (ZMCL) has given Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary the additional charge of its English news channel WION and English daily DNA following Rohit Gandhi’s exit.
It is learnt that Chaudhary’s appointment is a stop gap arrangement until a new editor is appointed. Chaudhary had joined Hindi news channel Zee News in 2012 as editor.
“Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary will take additional interim charge of WION and DNA with immediate effect. He will continue reporting to Rajiv Singh, COO, National Channels ZMCL,” an internal note informed the staff.
Gandhi, who had joined ZMCL in August 2015, is planning to start his own venture to be called SAIN.
ZMCL’s TV business comprises 11 news channels including four national and seven regional channels reaching an estimated 281.7 million viewers.
In November, the company had acquired 49% stake in Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd’s (RBNL) FM radio business 92.7 Big FM with the option to buy out the remaining 51% following the three-year lock-in period.