- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary gets interim charge of WION, DNA
MUMBAI: Zee Media Corporation Ltd (ZMCL) has given Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary the additional charge of its English news channel WION and English daily DNA following Rohit Gandhi’s exit.
It is learnt that Chaudhary’s appointment is a stop gap arrangement until a new editor is appointed. Chaudhary had joined Hindi news channel Zee News in 2012 as editor.
“Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary will take additional interim charge of WION and DNA with immediate effect. He will continue reporting to Rajiv Singh, COO, National Channels ZMCL,” an internal note informed the staff.
Gandhi, who had joined ZMCL in August 2015, is planning to start his own venture to be called SAIN.
ZMCL’s TV business comprises 11 news channels including four national and seven regional channels reaching an estimated 281.7 million viewers.
In November, the company had acquired 49% stake in Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd’s (RBNL) FM radio business 92.7 Big FM with the option to buy out the remaining 51% following the three-year lock-in period.