- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Zee News becomes top Hindi news channel for first time since BARC ratings
MUMBAI: For the first time since BARC India started issuing television viewership ratings, Zee News has become the most watched Hindi news channel.
Zee News achieved the milestone in the week ended 11 September in the Hindi-speaking market (HSM).
Meanwhile, the previous week’s top three channels witnessed a fall in their viewership. While Aaj Tak and ABP News retained their second and third ranks, last week’s leader India TV was pushed out of the top 3 in Week 36.
In the English news genre, Times Now and NDTV 24X7 continued to hold the top two positions. While Times Now saw a gain in its viewership, NDTV 24X7 saw a marginal fall.
However, CNN IBN registered gain and hopped on to the No. 3 spot, displacing India Today Television.
English Business News
There was no change in the pecking order of the English business news channels with CNBC TV18 leading the genre. ET Now and NDTV Profit/ Prime were at second and third spots.
Hindi business news
In Hindi business news genre also both CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business registered gain in their respective viewership.
The pecking order too remained unchanged.