- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Zee News becomes top Hindi news channel for first time since BARC ratings
MUMBAI: For the first time since BARC India started issuing television viewership ratings, Zee News has become the most watched Hindi news channel.
Zee News achieved the milestone in the week ended 11 September in the Hindi-speaking market (HSM).
Meanwhile, the previous week’s top three channels witnessed a fall in their viewership. While Aaj Tak and ABP News retained their second and third ranks, last week’s leader India TV was pushed out of the top 3 in Week 36.
In the English news genre, Times Now and NDTV 24X7 continued to hold the top two positions. While Times Now saw a gain in its viewership, NDTV 24X7 saw a marginal fall.
However, CNN IBN registered gain and hopped on to the No. 3 spot, displacing India Today Television.
English Business News
There was no change in the pecking order of the English business news channels with CNBC TV18 leading the genre. ET Now and NDTV Profit/ Prime were at second and third spots.
Hindi business news
In Hindi business news genre also both CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business registered gain in their respective viewership.
The pecking order too remained unchanged.