- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Zee News, BBC World News return to top five in respective genres
MUMBAI: The news genre witnessed very little change in the third week of 2016 barring minor changes in Hindi and English news genres.
Hindi news channels
Zee News returned to the top five in the Hindi news genre having attained the fourth position during the week. Last week’s No. 4 channel News Nation was pushed out of the top five.
India News, which had entered the top five in the previous week, maintained status quo. The top-three order remained unchanged, with Aaj Tak, India TV and ABP News maintaining their positions in that order.
English news channels
BBC World News made a comeback to the top five club of the English news genre by grabbing fifth position from News9, which fell below the top five. Times Now, India Today Television and NDTV 24×7 remained the top three channels in that order.
English and Hindi business news channels
There was no change in the English and Hindi business news genre. The channels in both the genres witnessed a drop in viewership.