- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Zee Music Co acquires music rights to the entire 2014 movie slate of Viacom18
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd’s (ZEEL) music label Zee Music Company (ZMC) has inked a 14-film deal with movie studio Viacom18 Motion Pictures.
As per the deal, ZMC has acquired the music rights to the entire 2014 slate of movies of Viacom18 Motion Pictures.
ZMC EVP and business head Anurag Bedi said, “We are thrilled to have Viacom18 Motion Pictures on board with ZMC. They have a very exciting line-up of releases slated for the year and we are proud to be associated with them.”
The 14-film deal includes Priyanka Chopra’s next ‘Mary Kom’ directed by Omung Kumar and music rendered by Shashi and Shivam, Akshay Kumar-starrer ‘Gabbar’ directed by Krish, with music by Chirantan Bhatt (both forming part of the Sanjay Leela Bhansali slate) and Sandeep A Varma’s directorial debut ‘Manjunath’ with music by Sonam, Nitin and Subir of Parikrama.
Other titles include ‘Dharam Sankat Main’ with Paresh Rawal in the lead and directed by Fuwad Khan.
Viacom18 Motion Pictures COO Ajit Andhare added, “We’re excited about this partnership and believe that with power of Zee channels behind us, our film promotions will go to the next level in terms of innovation, decibels and impact.”