- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Zee Music Co acquires music rights to the entire 2014 movie slate of Viacom18
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd’s (ZEEL) music label Zee Music Company (ZMC) has inked a 14-film deal with movie studio Viacom18 Motion Pictures.
As per the deal, ZMC has acquired the music rights to the entire 2014 slate of movies of Viacom18 Motion Pictures.
ZMC EVP and business head Anurag Bedi said, “We are thrilled to have Viacom18 Motion Pictures on board with ZMC. They have a very exciting line-up of releases slated for the year and we are proud to be associated with them.”
The 14-film deal includes Priyanka Chopra’s next ‘Mary Kom’ directed by Omung Kumar and music rendered by Shashi and Shivam, Akshay Kumar-starrer ‘Gabbar’ directed by Krish, with music by Chirantan Bhatt (both forming part of the Sanjay Leela Bhansali slate) and Sandeep A Varma’s directorial debut ‘Manjunath’ with music by Sonam, Nitin and Subir of Parikrama.
Other titles include ‘Dharam Sankat Main’ with Paresh Rawal in the lead and directed by Fuwad Khan.
Viacom18 Motion Pictures COO Ajit Andhare added, “We’re excited about this partnership and believe that with power of Zee channels behind us, our film promotions will go to the next level in terms of innovation, decibels and impact.”