- MIB integrates three media units under newly created BOC
- Republic TV, BTVI in strategic content alliance for Union Budget 2018
- Oyeeee Media gets board approval to partner Balaji, Essel Vision
- TV Today invests Rs 28.6 crore in Mail Today
- Prime Focus to raise Rs 330 cr via preferential warrants to cut debt
- Sony acquires India broadcast rights of T10 Cricket League
Zee Media rebrands Zee Purvaiya as Zee Bihar Jharkhand
MUMBAI: Subhash Chandra-promoted Zee Media Corporation Ltd (ZMCL) has rebranded its regional Hindi news channel Zee Purvaiya as Zee Bihar Jharkhand.
The move follows a similar exercise carried out by the news broadcasters for its other regional news channels.
The company had rebranded Zee Uttar Pradesh Uttarakhand as Zee Sangam before finally settling on India 24×7. Its other regional news channel Zee Marudhara had been renamed Zee Marudhara.
Zee Purvaiya was earlier known as Maurya TV. In 2013, ZMCL had acquired the channel from Prakash Jha, Sangita Jha, Manmohan Shetty and Krishanlal Chabbra for Rs 7.79 crore.
The channel has news bureaus and news representatives across the entire state up to the tehsil level. It is available on more than 500 cable networks across Bihar and Jharkhand and on all digital networks in the region.
It is available on DEN, Maurya Diginet, Manthan Digital, Darsh Digital, GTPL and Dish TV.
ZMCL has a cluster of news, current affairs and regional news channels, which includes Zee News, Zee Business, WION, India 24×7, Zee Punjab Haryana Himachal, Zee Madhya Pradesh Chhattisgarh, Zee 24 Taas, 24 Ghanta, Zee Kalinga News, Zee Purvaiya and Zee Rajasthan News. It also runs the newspaper DNA.