- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Zee launches Z Format Factory to develop formats for intl market
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) has launched an incubator called ‘Z Format Factory’ to develop new formats for international markets.
As part of the initiative, the syndication team presented six formats at MIPCOM for licensing and development from Z Format Factory.
The screening sessions of these formats were held at the Zee Bollyworld Preview Theatre located within ZEE’s booth at MIPCOM.
Zee’s unscripted formats include India’s original dance reality show ‘Dance India Dance’, in which contestants are judged by leading Bollywood choreographers on their dance skills.
‘Moksha’ is a brand-new game show requiring strategy, luck and skill, inspired from ‘Saap Seedi’, a successful game show on Zee TV from the ’90s.
‘Phantasmagoria’ is a series of 12 twisted short stories. ‘The Eclipse Harvest’ is a high-octane crime series about the NYPD Organized Crime Control Bureau. Two additional scripted formats are all-time comedy favourites ‘Hum Paanch’ (Freaky Five) and ‘Kareena Kareena’.
Format Factory chief content officer Subhadarshi Tripathy said, “We at the Format Factory are into churning out an array of formats—from homegrown to spanking new concepts, from the helm of its ideation to its production stage, in order to create an archive of content for our own platforms as well as the global market.”