- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Zee Classic to showcase villainous movies to celebrate Dussehra
MUMBAI: Hindi movie channel Zee Classic is all set to celebrate the spirit of good over evil on the occasion of ‘Dussehra’ by showcasing some of the best villainous movies from the golden era.
The special movie line-up on 3 October will commence airing from 7:30 am and will feature some of Bollywood’s iconic villains. Celebrated villains and evil masterminds of Indian Cinema including Pran, Ajit, Kanhaiyalal, Ranjeet, Kadar Khan, Jeevan, Shakti Kapoor, Amrish Puri and Kulbhushan Kharbanda will come together in a series of movies airing back to back all day.
ZEEL Hindi Movie Channels deputy business head Ruchir Tiwari said, “Keeping the festive season of Dussehra in mind, we will showcase a fascinating line-up of movies that show heroes conquering the villains. We are hopeful that our audiences of all ages will love some of the best villainous movies of all time in Hindi cinema.”
Kick-starting Dussehra will be ‘Brahmachari’ starring Shammi Kapoor against Pran. The festival line-up also includes ‘Kalicharan’ featuring an inspector–criminal duo played by Shatrughan Sinha and Ajit.
While movies with male leads exhibit Ram’s victory over Ravana, ‘Mother India’ will showcase the victory of Goddess Durga over demon Mahishasur with Nargis standing up tall with Sunil Dutt against Kanhaiyalal.
‘Geraftar’, starring some famous evils of all time like Ranjeet, Kadar Khan, Jeevan and Shakti Kapoor, also features popular actors Amitabh Bachchan, Kamal Hassan, Rajnikanth and Satyendra Kapoor along with leading ladies Madhavi, Poonam Dhillon and Nirupa Roy.It showcases the fight between Lord Ram and Goddess Durga.
‘Shaan’, starring Sunil Dutt, Amitabh Bachchan, Shashi Kapoor and Shatrughan Sinha against Kulbhushan Kharbanda aka the popular Shakaal, will also be aired during the day to entertain viewers.