- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Zee Classic to air special feature on Mohd Rafi on 24 Dec
MUMBAI: Hindi movie channel Zee Classic will celebrate legendary singer Mohd Rafi’s 92nd birthday with an exclusive special feature, ‘Dastaan-E-Rafi’, a lifeography on 24 December, at 10 am.
Directed by two Rafi aficionados, Rajani Acharya and Vinay Patel, ‘Dastaan-E-Rafi’ is a music connoisseur’s treasure that chronicles the extraordinary journey of an extraordinary man—Mohammad Rafi.
The exhaustive feature encompasses the life of the legendary singer through the eyes of his family, friends and commoners sharing their life-altering experiences, his soulful renditions and unheard stories.
One of the highlights from the feature narrated by Shammi Kapoor showcases the love Rafi Saab had for him. He firmly believes that Rafi Saab’s quirky and naughty side was reserved only for him (Shammiji).
Zee Hindi movies cluster, business head Ruchir Tiwari said, “Post the incredible response received for ‘Timeless Asha’, ‘RD Nights’ and ‘The Golden Years’, ‘Dastaan-E-Rafi’ is our another offering to the loyal viewers of Zee Classic. Mohammed Rafi has been an integral part of our lives, and he will continue to rule our hearts with his soulful melodies. With over 60 stalwarts from Hindi film industry professing their admiration for the immortal singer, this feature was shot over a span of five years across the Indian subcontinent and will take viewers on a melodious musical journey.
“The recent generation of singers including Sonu Nigam, Kailash Kher, Bappi Lahiri, Adnan Sami and more emerged as his biggest fans. The feature beautifully showcases how they feel Rafi’s passionate music transcends time, generations and continues to entertain even today.”