- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Zee Cinema tops Hindi movie genre; No change in Hindi GEC hierarchy
MUMBAI: The Hindi general entertainment hierarchy saw no change in Week 23, as Star Plus continued its leadership in the genre. Meanwhile, the Hindi movie genre saw Zee Cinema take the top spot.
As per BARC’s individual ratings data for the week ended 12 June, there was no change in the pecking order of Hindi GECs. However, the top two GECs, Star Plus and Colors, saw a fall in viewership.
Meanwhile, the other three channels among the top 5, namely Zee TV, Life OK and SAB, all saw marginal gains in viewership.
When it comes to the top 5 programmes, Star Plus and Colors continued to dominate the charts. This time, Star Plus had three shows in the top 10, compared to two in the 22nd week. Colors had two shows on the chart, compared to three in the previous week.
This was due to a special episode of the show ‘Saath Nibhana Saathiya’ on Star Plus. Thus, while ’Saath Nibhana Saathiya’ remained the top show of the week, its special episode rated second on the chart pushing out Colors’ ‘Balika Vadhu’. Star Plus also had ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’ among the top three shows.
The fourth and fifth spots were occupied by Colors’ ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ and ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat’ respectively.
In Week 23, Zee Cinema topped the chart as Sony Max slipped to the No. 2 spot. Star Gold maintained its third position.
While Zee Cinema reported a small gain in viewership, Max witnessed a fall in audience. Viewership for Star Gold also dropped.
Sony Max had only one movie ‘Munnabhai MBBS’ that ranked fifth on the chart.