- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Zee Cinema to premiere ‘Rustom’ on 19 March
MUMBAI: Zee Cinema is set to premiere ‘Rustom’ on 19 March at 8 pm.
Directed by Tinu Suresh Desai and produced by Neeraj Pandey, ‘Rustom’ chronicles one of most infamous legal encounters in India. The film also grapples with an issue of whether a man in uniform should be considered above the law.
‘Rustom’ stars Akshay Kumar in the lead along with Ileana D’Cruz, Arjan Bajwa and Esha Gupta. The movie touches upon various narratives including the internal politics of Indian navy, a love story, a thrilling murder mystery and a rollercoaster of emotions.
Akshay Kumar said, “Rustom is a very well-made and well-presented film. Being inspired from a couple of real life events, we really tried hard to weave in the narrative together. The film also upholds a bold point of a woman slipping in a marriage. Hindi cinema does not have many such instances, it has always been men straying in a marriage. But here, we chose to show something different and intrigue the audience.”
Rustom revolves around the Indian naval officer Rustom Pavri (Akshay Kumar) and his wife Cynthia (Ileana D’Cruz), who are happily married. All goes well until one day, he discovers his friend Vikram Makhija’s (Arjan Bajwa) love letters in Cynthia’s wardrobe and rushes to confront him. In the next few moments, three gun shots are heard in Vikram’s bedroom and Rustom walks out without saying a word. What follows next is a legal battle in which Rustom surrenders himself but halfway through the hearing, he decides to fight back. Vikram’s sister Priti (Esha Gupta) hires the best lawyers to ensure Rustom is charged for the murder.