- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Zee Cinema to premiere ‘Dear Zindagi’ on 23 April
MUMBAI: Zee Cinema is premiering Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt starrer ‘Dear Zindagi’ on 23 April at 12 noon.
Exhibiting the distinctive pairing of Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt, ‘Dear Zindagi’ bears a relevant and encouraging message to embrace life’s highs and lows.
Directed by English Vinglish fame Gauri Shinde, ‘Dear Zindagi’ is a refreshing take on life and relationships that starkly stays away from formula-ridden Bollywood. The film also offers soulful renditions from Amit Trivedi along with a credible ensemble cast.
Talking about his character Dr. Jehangir Khan, actor Khan said, “I just thought he should be the person having similar issues most of his patients have. Because I think, every person, every human being at some point in their lives have similar issues of acceptance, love, relationships, inferiority or superiority complexes. I didn’t want Jehangir to be preachy who is giving of knowledge because he is educated in it. He just narrates a life incident and says this is it, now you take your call, make your choice.”
‘Dear Zindagi’ revolves around Kaira (Alia Bhatt), a talented cinematographer who is a spirited, young woman awaiting her life’s biggest break. But deep inside the façade, lies a soul despised and dejected, grappling with wrong men in her life. Unsettled and shackled, she reaches out to Dr. Jehangir Khan, a psychiatrist in Goa. It’s on his couch that she feels confident about voicing her fears for the first time.