- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Zee Cinema to air 3 action potboilers this weekend
MUMBAI: Zee Cinema will show three action potboilers this Friday to Sunday at primetime. The movies are ‘Jigarwala No. 1’, ‘Sholay’ and ‘Nayak – The Real Hero’.
The world TV premiere of ‘Jigarwala No. 1’, starring superstar Ravi Teja and Rakul Preet Singh, will air on Friday, 11 March at 9 pm. This is the Hindi version of the Telugu blockbuster ‘Kick 2’ that entered the US charts as the 9th highest grossing film of 2015.
With popular punch lines and quirky dialogues, ‘Jigarwala No. 1’ is a true entertainer. This film is a sequel to ‘Kick’ (2009), which emerged as a huge hit leading to multiple remakes including in Hindi with the same name that starred Salman Khan.
Continuing with the narrative of the first part, Jigarwala No. 1 (Kick 2) follows the story of Ravi Teja, now a married man with a son, who is completely opposite to him in nature. How will the two meet?
Ramesh Sippy’s evergreen classic ‘Sholay’ will air on Saturday, 12 March at 8 pm. The movie starring Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra, Hema Malini and Jaya Bachchan in lead roles holds a first-time record of running successfully for five years at Mumbai’s Minerva theatre. Not many know that during the making of Sholay, four of the leads became romantically involved. While Amitabh Bachchan married Jaya Bhaduri four months before filming started, Dharmendra had begun wooing Hema Malini. During their romantic scenes, he would pay the light boys to spoil the shot, thereby ensuring retakes. Be it Basanti’s ‘Kyunke mujhe befuzool baat karne ki aadat to hai nahin’ or Gabbar Singh’s booming voice philosophizing, ‘Jo darr gaya samjho margaya’ , Sholay continues to be a favourite throughout generations.
Political thriller ‘Nayak – The Real Hero’ will air on Sunday, 13 March at 9 pm. Directed by Shankar, this movie stars Anil Kapoor, Rani Mukerji, Amrish Puri, Paresh Rawal and Johnny Lever in the main roles. Shot in varied places from Ladakh to Kanyakumari, it is a political drama.
The schedule for the weekend: