- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Zee Cinema moves to No. 2 in urban HSM
MUMBAI: Zee Cinema upstaged Star Gold to grab the No. 2 position in the urban Hindi-speaking market (HSM), according to BARC data for Week 42.
For the period ended 21 October, Star Gold fell to the third position, while Movies OK moved up to the fourth position, pushing &Pictures to the fifth position.
Sony Max retained its leadership position.
Top 5 movies in Urban HSM
Sony Max had three movies in the top 5 programmes while Star Gold and Movies OK had one each.
Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’, shown on Sony Max, was the top-rated movie of the week.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
In the rural HSM, Rishtey Cineplex entered the top 5 ahead of Zee Cinema.
The rest of the positions remained unchanged. Sony Wah was at the top, followed by Zee Anmol Cinema.
Sony Max retained its third position.
Top movies in Rural HSM
Rishtey Cineplex had three films while Sony Max had two in terms of top 5 programmes.
‘Sultan’ was the top-rated movie of the week in rural HSM as well.
Top Hindi movie channels in Urban+Rural HSM
There was no change in the pecking order in the urban + rural HSM. Sony Max continued to rule in urban + rural while sister channel Sony Wah was at No. 2.
Top 5 movies in Urban+Rural HSM
Sony Max had three movies in the top 5 while Star Gold and Rishtey Cineplex had one film each.
‘Sultan’ was the top movie of the week.