- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Zee Café rules English GEC order in Week 26
MUMBAI: English GEC Zee Café grabbed the top position from Comedy Central with 411,000 weekly impressions, registering a growth of 8.73%.
Comedy Central slipped to the second rank with 374,000 weekly impressions, suffering a drop of 13.22%.
According to BARC data for Week 26, AXN and Star World maintained their third and fourth positions respectively, while Color Infinity entered the chart at No. 5. Meanwhile, Star World HD exited the list.
Top English movie channels
The hierarchy of English movie channels did not witness any change in the week ended 30 June.
Sony Pix held on to the top spot with 3.23 million weekly impressions. The channel saw a drop of 13.01% compared to the preceding week. Movies Now stood second with 3.02 million weekly impressions, up 2.54% from its earlier-week tally.
Star Movies and Movies Now 2 moved up to the third and fourth ranks with 2.99 million and 2.93 million weekly impressions.
HBO entered the list at No. 5 with 2.52 million weekly impressions while Zee Studio went out of the list.
Top 5 movies
With ‘Battleship’, Sony Pix topped the English movie chart. Another movie, ‘Jurassic Park’, which also aired on the channel, got a mention in the top five.
Star Movies had two movies, ‘Penguin of Madagascar’ and ‘Predator’, in the top five. Movies Now’s ‘Shark Night 3D’ was at No. 5.
Top infotainment channels
History TV18 stayed at the top with 4.60 million weekly impressions, despite seeing a 3.90% drop.
Discovery Channel remained at the second position with 4.52 million weekly impressions.
Top kids’ channels
There was only one change in the kids’ television genre. Pogo moved up to the fourth spot with 69.82 million weekly impressions while Cartoon Network dropped to the fifth spot. The chart otherwise remained unchanged.