- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Zee Café and Movies Now stay leaders in their genres
MUMBAI: English general entertainment channel AXN moved three slots up to take the second spot during Week 29, according to BARC viewership data for the week ended 22 July.
Star World, which was No. 2 the previous week, slipped to No. 4, while Colors Infinity SD returned to the top five. Last week’s No. 4 channel Comedy Central climbed to the third spot.
Zee Café retained its leadership position.
English movie channels
Zee Studio climbed to the fourth position, pushing HBO to No. 5.
Movies Now remained the No. 1 channel, followed by Star Movies at No. 2 and Sony Pix at No. 3.
Top English TV programmes
The week was a hot destination for animated movies.
The No. 1 English programme for the week under review was ‘Big Hero 6’, an animated movie aired on Star Movies.
At No. 2 was ‘Kung Fu Panda’, another animated film aired on Zee Studio.
‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’ and ‘Ice Age: Continental Drift’, both of which aired on Star Movies, were at No. 4 and No. 5 respectively.
Disney climbed from its No. 5 position during Week 28 to take the third spot in Week 29.
Pogo, meanwhile, slipped from No. 3 to No. 5.
Nick retained its top position, while Cartoon Network remained at No. 2.
English infotainment channels
There was virtually no change in the pecking order of the English infotainment channels.