- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Zee Action to air the world TV premiere of ‘Gulaab Gang’
MUMBAI: Zee Action is all set to present the world television premiere of the action drama ‘Gulaab Gang’ on 22 August at 8 pm.
Zee Action will turn pink with power and performances as Anubhav Sinha’s action drama, directed by Soumik Sen and starring Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla, goes on air. ‘Gulaab Gang’ revolves around a group of fearless women fighting social injustice in a trademark rural set-up.
ZEEL Hindi Movie Channels business head Ruchir Tiwari said, “Zee Action has grown tremendously in last six months owing to the phenomenal response received from audiences on the genre. Delivering our promise of blockbuster premieres every month, the channel is gearing up to present an aggressive line-up of exciting action-packed television premieres. We aim at continuing this momentum by expanding the library with freshly acquired new films like Teen Patti, Issaq, Badlapur, NH10, Rahasya and more.”
Anubhav Sinha commented, “These days TV premieres are so well publicised that it feels like another release. What inspired me most with Gulaab Gang was the fact that it is a commercial potboiler on the surface but touches upon some serious social matters that needs to be addressed.”
‘Gulaab Gang’ brings together Madhuri Dixit Nene and Juhi Chawla for the first time on celluloid and also marks Chawla’s debut in a negative role.
The film narrates the story of Rajjo (Dixit), a fearless and honest woman vigilante who runs a one of kind shelter for abused women, where they are taught to be strong and independent. Rajjo and her Gulaab Gang take up basic issues like dowry and rape and social issues like water and electricity shortage that plague the village. Situation soon turns ugly when a powerful politician Soumitra Devi (Chawla) enters the village. Thus, begins the story of classic David vs Goliath, where the underdog Rajjo takes up the mantle to eradicate Sumitra Devi’s wicked scheme of plans.