- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Zee acquires movie telecast rights from Eros
MUMBAI: Eros International plc, a leading global company in the Indian film entertainment industry, has signed a significant television syndication deal with Zee for a slate of its forthcoming releases this year.
The movies include ‘Sarkar 3’, ‘Munna Michael’ and ‘Shubh Mangal Savdhaan’.
The multi-film deal with Zee gives the channel syndication rights to the third installment of Ram Gopal Varma’s ‘Sarkar 3’ starring Amitabh Bachchan. The movie will be released worldwide on 12 May.
Zee also gets the rights to show Tiger Shroff and Sabbir Khan’s action-packed musical ‘Munna Michael’, which is scheduled for release on 21 July 21, and a quirky romantic comedy ‘Shubh Mangal Savdhaan’ by south director RS Prasanna. Starring Ayushyamann Khurana and Bhumi Pednekar, the movie is set to release on 1 September.
Said Eros International Media managing director Sunil Lulla, “Bollywood films are critical to the television programming mix and we attempt to tailor packages to suit audiences on each network to maximise potential for both entities from the television broadcast.”