- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Zee acquires movie telecast rights from Eros
MUMBAI: Eros International plc, a leading global company in the Indian film entertainment industry, has signed a significant television syndication deal with Zee for a slate of its forthcoming releases this year.
The movies include ‘Sarkar 3’, ‘Munna Michael’ and ‘Shubh Mangal Savdhaan’.
The multi-film deal with Zee gives the channel syndication rights to the third installment of Ram Gopal Varma’s ‘Sarkar 3’ starring Amitabh Bachchan. The movie will be released worldwide on 12 May.
Zee also gets the rights to show Tiger Shroff and Sabbir Khan’s action-packed musical ‘Munna Michael’, which is scheduled for release on 21 July 21, and a quirky romantic comedy ‘Shubh Mangal Savdhaan’ by south director RS Prasanna. Starring Ayushyamann Khurana and Bhumi Pednekar, the movie is set to release on 1 September.
Said Eros International Media managing director Sunil Lulla, “Bollywood films are critical to the television programming mix and we attempt to tailor packages to suit audiences on each network to maximise potential for both entities from the television broadcast.”