- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
YRF ties up with Rentrak for box-office reporting
MUMBAI: Bollywood movie studio Yash Raj Films (YRF) is the latest company to partner real-time box-office results provider Rentrak.
YRF has appointed Rentrak for e-grosses (real-time collection of box-office collections) from theatres worldwide. The association takes ahead the already long-standing relationship between YRF and Rentrak as both have worked together overseas since 1998.
The new agreement will bring reliable data to the Indian theatrical market as YRF joins Rentrak’s global clientele of over 700 clients worldwide.
Rentrak’s reporting includes data from clients in the US, UK, UAE and GCC, China, Australia and New Zealand.
The studio mentions that the announcement is a move in the right direction and will further spell success for studios and content creators, making the industry stay ahead of the curve while bringing a much-needed transparency to the box-office reporting system in the country.