- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
WWE, TV5 announce TV deal for ‘Smackdown’ in the Philippines
MUMBAI: Sports entertainment brand WWE and TV5 have announced a new agreement to broadcast WWE’s flagship programme ‘SmackDown’ in the Philippines on TV5.
Every week, TV5 will televise a one-hour edition of ‘SmackDown’ on Sundays at 3 pm. Fans will be able to follow WWE Superstars on ‘SmackDown’, including AJ Styles, The New Day, Randy Orton, Charlotte Flair, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens and Naomi. In addition to the broadcast on TV5, ‘SmackDown’ will be simulcast online at TV5.com.ph and Sports.tv5.com.ph.
“TV5 shares our vision and desire for engaging and entertaining fans in the Philippines. This new partnership to televise ‘SmackDown’ showcases the continuing global growth of WWE while creating a destination for WWE fans in the Philippines to enjoy our unique blend of action-packed, family fun entertainment,” said WWE executive VP, international Ed Wells.
TV5 president Chot Reyes said, “In the industry of sports entertainment, WWE is second to none. It’s a proven, successful, model organization and an esteemed, iconic brand. We at TV5 are honored and excited to be the platform that delivers WWE to the free TV audience.”