- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
WWE Superstar, actor and TV host John Cena to host Nick US’ 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards
MUMBAI: Sports entertainment company WWE Superstar, actor and television host John Cena is set to host US kids broadcaster Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards, airing on 11 March.
The only live event where kids’ votes count and the biggest stars of the day line up to get slimed, Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards will celebrate kids’ favourites from across the worlds of film, television, music, pop culture, animation and more. With stunts and surprises at every turn, the show will air live from USC’s Galen Center in Los Angeles and will be seen by kids around the globe on Nickelodeon channels in more than 180 countries and territories. Additional Kids’ Choice Awards news, including categories and presenters, will be announced in the coming weeks.
“Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards is the biggest party for kids, and I’m so excited and honored to host this year’s show. I have a lot of big surprises in store so bring on the slime!” said Cena.
“John Cena’s energy and larger-than-life personality will bring the most excitement, comedy and fun to this year’s Kids’ Choice Awards. He’s a big kid at heart, and we can’t wait to give kids around the world a front row seat to this year’s show,” said Nickelodeon senior VP talent and events Shelly Sumpter Gillyard.
While this will be Cena’s first time hosting the global show, he is beloved worldwide by the Nickelodeon family, having previously hosted Australia’s Kids’ Choice Awards in 2008, as well as undergoing a sliming at the first UK Kids’ Choice Awards.
Sponsors of Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards include Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Hot Wheels, Nintendo, Skechers, Toyota and Walmart.