- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
World Kabaddi League gets 8.2 mn eyeballs on Six
MUMBAI: The World Kabaddi League on Multi Screen Media’s (MSM) sports channel Six has attracted 8.2 million eyeballs between 10 and 16 August.
Six business head Prasana Krishnan admitted that Star’s Pro Kabaddi League got more viewership but that was because the matches were also aired on Hindi movie channel Star Gold. “If you see a lot of their viewership is coming on Star Gold. We chose not to do that. Also, so far matches for World Kabaddi League have taken place outside India. It is now taking place in India. We will have to wait to see how the matches in India fare before taking a call in terms of how to proceed and adjust strategy,” he says.
In the Hindi-speaking markets, the reach was 6.4 million. Among the major metros the highest viewership is coming from Mumbai followed by Delhi and Kolkata. The event got 141 TVTs C&S 4+ from the first six matches.
Krishnan adds that it is hard to say if two leagues taking place at the same time is resulting in cannibalisation of viewership. “The formats of the two leagues are completely different. We will need to see the numbers for the India games.”