- Illegal Rohingya Muslims Might Have Links With ISI And Islamic State, Centre Tells SC
- Shane Bond open to coaching Indian Premier League side
- Flipkart expects 17x jump in fashion during Big Billion Days sale
- Digital payment bound to pick up with new technology: FM Arun Jaitley
- Top cop YC Modi, who had probed 2002 Gujarat riots, named new NIA chief
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
World Kabaddi League gets 8.2 mn eyeballs on Six
MUMBAI: The World Kabaddi League on Multi Screen Media’s (MSM) sports channel Six has attracted 8.2 million eyeballs between 10 and 16 August.
Six business head Prasana Krishnan admitted that Star’s Pro Kabaddi League got more viewership but that was because the matches were also aired on Hindi movie channel Star Gold. “If you see a lot of their viewership is coming on Star Gold. We chose not to do that. Also, so far matches for World Kabaddi League have taken place outside India. It is now taking place in India. We will have to wait to see how the matches in India fare before taking a call in terms of how to proceed and adjust strategy,” he says.
In the Hindi-speaking markets, the reach was 6.4 million. Among the major metros the highest viewership is coming from Mumbai followed by Delhi and Kolkata. The event got 141 TVTs C&S 4+ from the first six matches.
Krishnan adds that it is hard to say if two leagues taking place at the same time is resulting in cannibalisation of viewership. “The formats of the two leagues are completely different. We will need to see the numbers for the India games.”