- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Vikram Chandra steps down as NDTV CEO, KVL Narayan Rao takes charge
MUMBAI: Veteran journalist and media executive Vikram Chandra has stepped down as group CEO and executive director of NDTV with immediate effect.
NDTV executive vice-chairperson KVL Narayan Rao will take over the additional responsibilities as group CEO with immediate effect. Rao has been associated with the company for nearly 22 years in various capacities including group CEO and has been a key factor in the creation of NDTV.
Chandra will continue with the company as consulting editor hosting ‘The Big Fight’ and ‘Gadget Guru’. NDTV said that Chandra has expressed the wish to return to full-time journalism within NDTV and focus on the TV shows of the group.
Chandra was appointed group CEO in 2011 for a term of three years, which was further extended by another two years.
Earlier, Barkha Dutt had resigned from her full-time role as managing editor to take up a consulting role with the organisation. Dutt has joined hands with another veteran journalist Shekhar Gupta to launch a news platform ‘The Print’.
“Change is good and change is here. Stepping down as group CEO of NDTV. Will now be consulting editor, so can focus on my TV shows and other areas of interest,” Chandra posted on his Twitter account.