- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Viacom18 to launch indie music channel in mid-Feb with Pepsico as anchor advertiser
MUMBAI: MTV India is launching a co-branded music channel, Pepsi MTV Indies, in mid-February.
Pepsico has inked a three-year deal with Viacom18 for being the anchor advertiser of the indie music and sub-culture channel.
The channel, in HD and SD with Dolby 5.1 surround sound, has been created in collaboration with independent artistes and will reflect ‘indie’ work in the field of music, art, films and comedy. It will be available across DTH and digital cable platforms.
Viacom18 group CEO Sudhanshu Vats said, “At Viacom18, we believe in sharper segmentation whether it pertains to the genre, the audience or by markets. Indies is a move that further strengthens our bouquet of varied offerings. India is moving from a collective to an individualistic content consumption habit. The youth and music genre offers great opportunity for growth and we’re sure that this move will help us build an ecosystem for creating a lot of live content as well.”
MTV India business head Aditya Swamy said, “MTV is the cultural home of the millennials, musicians and artists across genres. There is a content revolution brewing and MTV is constantly fuelling it with its edgy curation. Our partnership to create Pepsi MTV Indies is the start of a brand new chapter in the entertainment landscape of India. We are excited about leading the change from sub culture to pop culture. Its space both brands are heavily invested in and together this is going to be an exciting ride.”
Along with the launch, Pepsi has also unveiled its new product packaging with the global logo and visual identity in India.