- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Viacom18 to launch English GEC ‘Colors Infinity’
MUMBAI: Viacom18 is making its foray into the English general entertainment space. The company is launching two channels – ‘Colors Infinity’ and ‘Colors Infinity HD’.
The new channels will be co-curated by the celebrity duo Karan Johar and Alia Bhatt. Their contribution to the channel will be to design a disruptive and addictive show line-up to bring a blend of insight and finesse.
The network has entered into major multi-year deals with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution, NBC Universal, Sony Pictures Television, Twentieth Century Fox, Lionsgate, MGM, BBC and Endemol Shine.
Viacom18 Group CEO Sudhanshu Vats said, “Today, we are the world’s second largest English speaking population and live in an environment where English is seen as a ladder to personal progress. The market is widening its appeal across viewers who think and speak in English, but haven’t been invited to consume international entertainment yet. Colors Infinity aims to speak to this larger audience which goes beyond the metros and has never been addressed by the category. English is an extremely important space for us and with this move; we will further strengthen our share in the category.”
The content will span genres such as Drama, Superheroes, Comedy, Fantasy, Crime and Thrillers. Additionally, there is a special focus on reality television with shows across Dancing, Cooking, Magic, Singing and other lifestyle interests. The channel will also play home to some of the biggest global Live Events and Award shows, as also premium biopics, mini-series and documentaries.