- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Viacom18 in overdrive to create buzz for Colors Infinity
MUMBAI: Colors Infinity, Viacom18’s English entertainment channel which will launch on 31 July, is going all out on the marketing front. This includes a host of partnerships, experiential marketing and, of course, traditional vehicles like TV.
Speaking to TelevisionPost.com Viacom18 executive VP and head of English entertainment Ferzad Palia said, “We have striven to ensure that the channel launch receives maximum amplification. We have launched a riveting TVC as well as a high-decibel marketing campaign that includes outdoor programmes across 15 cities and impactful innovations through print across India, radio in eight markets, innovations in trade offices, branded cabs and activations in over 100 colleges in six markets, and brand partnerships with Nature’s Basket, Gold’s Gym, Uber, Baskin Robbins, Crossword, etc.”
The company claims to bring alive Colors Infinity and its shows through a multitude of innovations that add to the novelty of the channel. Some of the specially curated show-specific innovations are as follows:
- A toll-free number has been activated where viewers in trouble ‘Better call Saul’ on 1800 4195 500 for tongue-in-cheek legal solutions to life’s problems from Saul Goodman, the protagonist of the show.
- Godrej Nature’s Basket will promote ‘My Kitchen Rules’ with recipes, integrated store and home delivery branding and product hampers in 22 outlets.
Colors Infinity is going to be very inclusive. “Our endeavour is to break the English barrier and reach out to a larger audience because we strongly believe that there are many English-speaking and understanding viewers beyond metros who need to be introduced to such content. In line with this, our marketing strategy has been to expand to 15 to 26 markets, as against the genre trend of aiming at niche markets,” Palia said.
When asked about the medium that the channel would focus on the most for marketing, Palia noted that the channel has an integrated communication campaign that will combine all traditional and contemporary media. “However, most intensive will be outdoor and digital that will be key to driving conversations around the channel,” he added.
The marketing campaign involves a lot of viewer engagement and gratification. “We have a lot of innovation and engagement planned for our viewers,” he said.
Some engagements that are being done to add to the novelty of the channel include the following:
- The channel has planned a ‘Colors Infinity’ food festival with unlimited offers at 22 establishments across India like Hard Rock Café, Shiro’s, California Pizza Kitchen, The Big Kahuna and more.
- Gold’s Gym is offering a Flash fitness programme (modelled on the DC Comics superhero).
For the TVC, the channel is leveraging the combined strength of the entire network to facilitate maximum reach. “We also have a strong digital reach through our network brands which collectively will add to the reach of the channel,” Palia added.