- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Viacom18 hires Rahul Chakravarti as biz head of Colors Bangla and Colors Odia
MUMBAI: Viacom18 has appointed Rahul Chakravarti as business head of Colors Bangla and Colors Odia.
A veteran with over two decades of experience across FMCG, management consultancy and advertising, Chakravarti has worked across multiple consumer focused categories in his career.
Viacom18 senior executive VP Colors Kannada, Super, Bangla and Odia Ravish Kumar said, “Rahul has extensive experience of working in consumer packaged goods and consulting with a proven track record of managing businesses, building brands, leveraging consumer insights and solving business problems. His ability to marry strategy with execution and his understanding of consumer-focused businesses will help us in increasing our footprint both across our viewers and our advertisers. I welcome him into the Viacom18 family and look forward to working with him.”
Chakravarti has taken over as business head of the two channels with effect from this week. He will be responsible for driving ratings, developing innovative content and increasing the reach and share of voice of the channels in the markets.
Said Chakravarti,“The media industry is unique since its business is modelled primarily on a B2B structure but all constituents caters to the end consumer who votes with his remote. Both Colors Bangla and Colors Odia are established brand names and I look forward to working with the talented channel teams to propel these regional channels to greater heights.”