- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Viacom18 hires Rahul Chakravarti as biz head of Colors Bangla and Colors Odia
MUMBAI: Viacom18 has appointed Rahul Chakravarti as business head of Colors Bangla and Colors Odia.
A veteran with over two decades of experience across FMCG, management consultancy and advertising, Chakravarti has worked across multiple consumer focused categories in his career.
Viacom18 senior executive VP Colors Kannada, Super, Bangla and Odia Ravish Kumar said, “Rahul has extensive experience of working in consumer packaged goods and consulting with a proven track record of managing businesses, building brands, leveraging consumer insights and solving business problems. His ability to marry strategy with execution and his understanding of consumer-focused businesses will help us in increasing our footprint both across our viewers and our advertisers. I welcome him into the Viacom18 family and look forward to working with him.”
Chakravarti has taken over as business head of the two channels with effect from this week. He will be responsible for driving ratings, developing innovative content and increasing the reach and share of voice of the channels in the markets.
Said Chakravarti,“The media industry is unique since its business is modelled primarily on a B2B structure but all constituents caters to the end consumer who votes with his remote. Both Colors Bangla and Colors Odia are established brand names and I look forward to working with the talented channel teams to propel these regional channels to greater heights.”