- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Viacom18 Consumer Products is India licensing partner for Peppa Pig
MUMBAI: Viacom18 Consumer Products, the merchandising and licensing arm of Viacom18, has been appointed by Entertainment One (eOne) as the licensing partner for ‘Peppa Pig’ in India.
After debuting on Voot in June, pre-school series ‘Peppa Pig’ is soon to premiere on Viacom18’s pre-school channel Nick Jr.
As the representative of the licensing rights for the Peppa Pig brand across India and the Indian subcontinent, Viacom18 Consumer Products recently rolled out the first line of Peppa Pig merchandise in the Indian market comprising plush toys, activity sets and much more.
The products are available across all Hamleys Toy Stores in India and various other leading retail outlets, including e-commerce sites such as Amazon.
Viacom18 Consumer Products and Integrated Network Solutions business head Saugato Bhowmik said, “Peppa Pig is an international sensation and has been gaining popularity in India. Along with being the media network that introduced Peppa Pig to India, we are delighted to be the partner of choice for the brand’s retail entry into India. The launch has come at an opportune time when the consumer products industry in India is on the cusp of significant growth and Peppa Pig will be a valuable addition to our kids’ portfolio, which has rapidly expanded over the past couple of years.”
Entertainment One head of international licensing Ami Dieckman said, “The latest international adventure takes ‘Peppa Pig’ to India. The territory is a key component of our global growth strategy and by working with local experts, Viacom18, to steward the brand’s entry into India, we’re extremely excited about the commercial possibilities this territory presents.”