- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Viacom18 appoints Ryan Mendonca as creative head of MTV, MTV Beats
MUMBAI: Viacom18 has appointed Ryan Mendonca as the creative head for its youth business, including MTV and MTV Beats.
Mendonca’s primary responsibility will be to lead the team at MTV and MTV Beats to push the creative boundaries with brand communication across the MTV universe of TV, digital and branded content. He will report to Viacom18 Head – Youth and English Entertainment Ferzad Palia.
Mendonca moves in from Ogilvy & Mather and has over a decade of experience in the world of advertising. He used to develop campaigns for iconic brands from Unilever, Cadbury, Perfetti and more.
Palia said, “People are the biggest asset of our business and we are continuously looking for talent that believes in the power of MTV and are also hungry to push the envelope and challenge status quos. Ryan is one of the hottest young creative minds in the industry today and going by the work that he has been doing, I believe he is the perfect fit for our multi-platform business, the MTV universe. Now, as we are gearing up for some exciting launches and with multiple new initiatives in the pipeline, Ryan is going to have his hands full at MTV. All I can say is, welcome to the madness Ryan!”
Added Mendonca, “Like several others from my generation, I grew up on MTV. It showed us the way, it was our voice. Now I join that voice again. It’s a privilege to be working alongside the brightest minds in the industry. I look forward to the ride.”