- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Viacom to open production facility in Miami, Florida
MUMBAI: US media conglomerate Viacom will open a two-stage, 88,000-square-foot production facility in Miami, Florida. The new studio will serve as a production hub for Viacom’s global entertainment brands including Nickelodeon, MTV and Comedy Central.
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) president, CEO Robert (Bob) Bakish said, “We are creating more content than ever before across all of our brands at Viacom. The Viacom International Studio in Miami will offer a turnkey facility where we can create even more original, high-quality content to meet the increasing demand for long- and short-form content on all of our global platforms.”
Located in central Miami, the studio location offers access to a highly skilled, multi-lingual talent pool essential to creating global productions in multiple languages. The facilities will include two modern sound stages equipped to create a variety of content simultaneously—from daily scripted series, music specials and game shows to short form content for mobile, digital and on-air.
EUE/Screen Gems has entered into a long-term lease with Miami’s Omni CRA to operate the new facility. Viacom has worked with EUE/Screen Gems to host its Atlanta offices and shows for BET Networks.