- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Viacom to open production facility in Miami, Florida
MUMBAI: US media conglomerate Viacom will open a two-stage, 88,000-square-foot production facility in Miami, Florida. The new studio will serve as a production hub for Viacom’s global entertainment brands including Nickelodeon, MTV and Comedy Central.
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) president, CEO Robert (Bob) Bakish said, “We are creating more content than ever before across all of our brands at Viacom. The Viacom International Studio in Miami will offer a turnkey facility where we can create even more original, high-quality content to meet the increasing demand for long- and short-form content on all of our global platforms.”
Located in central Miami, the studio location offers access to a highly skilled, multi-lingual talent pool essential to creating global productions in multiple languages. The facilities will include two modern sound stages equipped to create a variety of content simultaneously—from daily scripted series, music specials and game shows to short form content for mobile, digital and on-air.
EUE/Screen Gems has entered into a long-term lease with Miami’s Omni CRA to operate the new facility. Viacom has worked with EUE/Screen Gems to host its Atlanta offices and shows for BET Networks.