- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Vh1 to air Europe Music Awards on 7 Nov
MUMBAI: English music channel Vh1 will telecast the Europe Music Awards (EMA), which is set to take place in the Netherlands, live on 7 November at 6 am.
The red carpet event will start from 5 am onwards, and the channel will air the repeat telecast at 9 pm.
Vh1 has initiated an extensive marketing campaign for the awards show. There will be a digital contest encouraging India to cheer for Deepika Padukone as she presents one of the awards at the EMAs. Winners of the digital contest will get personally autographed, limited edition EMA memorabilia from Deepika Padukone.
The channel is also initiating a high-frequency radio campaign across Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai, with integrations throughout the day. They have also carried out college activation with contests and promotions in over 200 colleges campuses and various college festivals spanning 15 cities.
The campaign is also amplified in over 120 popular youth hangouts across 10 cities. Outlets like Gold’s Gyms, Harry’s, Zu Tisch, The Little Door and more will have fun, interactive EMA games. The channel will host primetime screenings in more than 30 outlets across 10 cities in India.
Speaking about the EMA, Viacom18, marketing head, English entertainment, Sabrina D’souza said, “Vh1 is India’s preferred destination for international music and lifestyle entertainment. We’re home to the biggest international awards and the Europe Music Awards are no different. This year, the EMAs promise to be even bigger, and as Indians we’re particularly excited about our very own Deepika Padukone as one of the presenters. We’re certain viewers will absolutely love the show this year.”
This year, EMA will feature performances by popular artists such as Martin Garrix, Bruno Mars, Shawn Mendes, DNCE and more. Justin Bieber and Beyonce have bagged maximum nominations, followed by Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande and Shawn Mendes.