- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Vh1 to air 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards
MUMBAI: English music and lifestyle channel Vh1 will bring viewers the glitz and glamour of Hollywood with the 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards. The presenting sponsor is Garnier Men and the show airs on 13 January at 6:30 am, with a repeat at 9 pm.
The show will also include red carpet styles and trends. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler return as the hosts. The Golden Globe Awards recognises achievements in 25 categories; 14 in motion pictures and 11 in television.
The nominees include Sandra Bullock for ‘Gravity’, Kate Winslet for ‘Labor Day’, Tom Hanks for ‘Captain Phillips’ and Meryl Streep for ‘August Osage County’. Taylor Swift will be seen on-stage performing to her Golden Globe-nominated song, ‘One Chance’.
Viacom18 senior VP, business head, English entertainment Ferzad Palia said, “Over the years, Vh1 has given its audiences the best of international entertainment. We look forward to captivating the viewers with the live telecast of the first award ceremony of the year—the Golden Globes—and I am sure the viewers will thoroughly enjoy watching the who’s who of Hollywood on the channel. There couldn’t have been a better start to the year.”