- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Vh1 launches campus connect programme
MUMBAI: International music and events channel Vh1 is launching a campus connect programme called ‘Vh1 Represent’ in order to reach out to the youth through campus initiatives and engage with them on a common platform.
The campus connect programme will be launched in over 19 cities across India with around 100 colleges.
‘Vh1 Represent’ is an online and on-ground youth connect programme comprising three major functions, namely branding in colleges, collaboration with youth events and college fests, and acting as an influencer network at these colleges.
Viacom18 English entertainment EVP and head Ferzad Palia said, “Vh1’s core proposition has always been to ‘Get With It’ calling out the young and old to align with all things cool. The youth and their fast-developing tastes have been synonymous to that proposition. They are go-getters who want to be a part of everything that is trending. With this college programme, we aim to identify such students and get them to be Vh1’s Voice on Campus. It’s a great extension of the channel’s on-air philosophy to engage with a vast majority of our target audience.”
‘Vh1 Represent’ will celebrate the spirit of youth across college campuses in India. The initiative encourages youngsters to showcase their talent and creativity while giving them an interactive platform to create, connect and collaborate with each other.
The platform will be live all 365 days in a year via TV, web, mobile and social media, where content and experiences are curated through activities like youth connect programmes, partnerships with hangouts, college festivals and other youth touch points.
‘Vh1 Represent’ has a crew of 200 who help the brand translate its core proposition on a day-to-day basis.
The winners of this programme will be gratified with channel merchandise ranging from T-shirts and headphones to concert and gig passes.