- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Vh1 launches campus connect programme
MUMBAI: International music and events channel Vh1 is launching a campus connect programme called ‘Vh1 Represent’ in order to reach out to the youth through campus initiatives and engage with them on a common platform.
The campus connect programme will be launched in over 19 cities across India with around 100 colleges.
‘Vh1 Represent’ is an online and on-ground youth connect programme comprising three major functions, namely branding in colleges, collaboration with youth events and college fests, and acting as an influencer network at these colleges.
Viacom18 English entertainment EVP and head Ferzad Palia said, “Vh1’s core proposition has always been to ‘Get With It’ calling out the young and old to align with all things cool. The youth and their fast-developing tastes have been synonymous to that proposition. They are go-getters who want to be a part of everything that is trending. With this college programme, we aim to identify such students and get them to be Vh1’s Voice on Campus. It’s a great extension of the channel’s on-air philosophy to engage with a vast majority of our target audience.”
‘Vh1 Represent’ will celebrate the spirit of youth across college campuses in India. The initiative encourages youngsters to showcase their talent and creativity while giving them an interactive platform to create, connect and collaborate with each other.
The platform will be live all 365 days in a year via TV, web, mobile and social media, where content and experiences are curated through activities like youth connect programmes, partnerships with hangouts, college festivals and other youth touch points.
‘Vh1 Represent’ has a crew of 200 who help the brand translate its core proposition on a day-to-day basis.
The winners of this programme will be gratified with channel merchandise ranging from T-shirts and headphones to concert and gig passes.