- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Vh1 bags rights to air X Factor UK in India
MUMBAI: After attaining the rights to telecast Britain’s Got Talent in India, English music and entertainment channel Vh1 has now bagged the exclusive rights to air X Factor UK in India.
The first episode of ‘X Factor’ series 11 will premiere on 6 October at 9 pm. The episodes will be available for viewing in India just 48 hours after it airs in UK.
Viacom18 English Entertainment EVP and head Ferzad Palia said, “We recently began to air Britain’s Got Talent and the show has quickly climbed to become the No.1 unscripted program in the English entertainment category today. Clearly this is something audiences are excited about and at this point we are thrilled to introduce them to the latest season of UK’s biggest music reality show. With this new season and our plans to air it right after UK telecast, we reaffirm our commitment to airing the best international music and lifestyle entertainment to ever updated Indian audiences.”
The musical talent hunt will witness the search of UK’s biggest music superstar with a mix of new and returning judges.
The new season begins with renowned faces returning to the judging panel which includes Simon Cowell and Cheryl Fernandez-Versisni. Scary Spice Mel B has joined this season replacing former Pussycat Dolls member Nicole Scherzinger. The legendary music manager Louis Walsh too resumes for yet another season of X Factor UK despite his claims of not returning for a new season last year. It will also mark the return of participant-friendly host Dermot O’Leary.
Banded in one of the four existing categories which include the Over 25s, the Groups, the Boys and the Girls, the participants will get a chance to impress and receive three ‘yeses’ from the judges and proceed closer towards the coveted prize.