- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
UTV Movies International is now in Canada via ATN
MUMBAI: UTV Movies International is now available in Canada. Distributed by Asian Television Network (ATN), the channel is available across key platforms in Canada. This started with the launch on Bell Fibe on 17 July.
Disney India Media Networks VP revenue Nikhil Gandhi said, “UTV Movies has been consistently engaging with audiences in India and internationally. With the UTV Movies International channel launch in Canada, we are further expanding our footprint in the international markets and are extremely excited to work with Canada’s largest television broadcaster, Asian Television Network. Canada is a very important market for us as it has a large South Asian diaspora who are looking for fresh and distinctive Hindi movie content.”
ATN president and CEO Dr Shan Chandrasekar added, “We are very pleased to be associated with UTV Movies International. Bollywood is one of the most loved genres in the country and the audiences here have a special connect with Hindi films. ATN has been responsible for bringing a range of specialty channels to diverse audiences in Canada, and UTV Movies International is a great addition to our network.”
The channel is currently present in 26 countries, and has been engaging with audiences in the USA, Middle East and Africa, in addition to countries like Nepal, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand. UTV Movies International is also available in the UK under the moniker UMP Movies.