- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
TV5 News parent to launch devotional channel on 29 Mar; Kannada news channel to follow soon
MUMBAI: Hyderabad-based Shreya Broadcasting, which owns and operates Telugu news channel TV5 News, is set to launch a Telugu devotional channel named Hindu Dharmam. The channel’s test signal will begin on 29 March, which is the Ugadi day.
The company is also planning to launch a Kannada news channel named TV5 Kannada News.
“We are launching ‘Hindu Dharmam’ a 24-hour devotional channel on 29 March. We also plan to launch our Kannada news channel TV5 Kannada News soon,” said Shreya Broadcasting VP of marketing J Srinivas Murthy.
Hindu Dharmam will be available in Telugu and will target both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The channel is available in both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana in all the districts through all the multi-system operators (MSOs). It will also be available on direct-to-home (DTH) platforms soon.
“Initially, our content will focus on valuable speeches from well-known scholars, swamijis, gurujis about our Puranas, Vedas and Dharmas. We will also have special programmes on all Hindu festivals and their speciality. We will also have short films on the culture and tradition of the temples,” he added.
Talking about the thought behind the channel, Murthy said, “The concept of the Hindu Dharmam channel is to bring awareness among the viewers about Hinduism, Hindu traditions, Hindu culture & Hindu dharma. There will be live coverage of early morning and evening Pooja from the major well-known temples across India.”