- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
TV5 News parent to launch devotional channel on 29 Mar; Kannada news channel to follow soon
MUMBAI: Hyderabad-based Shreya Broadcasting, which owns and operates Telugu news channel TV5 News, is set to launch a Telugu devotional channel named Hindu Dharmam. The channel’s test signal will begin on 29 March, which is the Ugadi day.
The company is also planning to launch a Kannada news channel named TV5 Kannada News.
“We are launching ‘Hindu Dharmam’ a 24-hour devotional channel on 29 March. We also plan to launch our Kannada news channel TV5 Kannada News soon,” said Shreya Broadcasting VP of marketing J Srinivas Murthy.
Hindu Dharmam will be available in Telugu and will target both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The channel is available in both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana in all the districts through all the multi-system operators (MSOs). It will also be available on direct-to-home (DTH) platforms soon.
“Initially, our content will focus on valuable speeches from well-known scholars, swamijis, gurujis about our Puranas, Vedas and Dharmas. We will also have special programmes on all Hindu festivals and their speciality. We will also have short films on the culture and tradition of the temples,” he added.
Talking about the thought behind the channel, Murthy said, “The concept of the Hindu Dharmam channel is to bring awareness among the viewers about Hinduism, Hindu traditions, Hindu culture & Hindu dharma. There will be live coverage of early morning and evening Pooja from the major well-known temples across India.”