- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
TV Today Network invests in 11.92 mn shares of Mail Today
MUMBAI: TV Today Network, which runs news channels Aaj Tak and India Today TV, has invested in 11.92 million (11,917,002) equity shares of Mail Today Newspapers aggregating to Rs 119.2 million.
This represents 8.33% of the increased paid-up share capital of Mail Today Newspapers.
TV Today Network made the fresh investment on 23 June. Mail Today Newspapers is a wholly owned subsidiary of TV Today Network.
Following the investment, TV Today Network, along with its wholly owned subsidiary company India Today Online, holds 14.30 million (143,004,018) equity shares of Mail Today Newspapers (representing 100% of the paid-up share capital of Mail Today Newspapers).
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, TV Today Network has completed the acquisition of shares of Mail Today Newspapers from AN Mauritius. TV Today Network, along with its wholly owned subsidiary India Today Online, holds 100% of Mail Today Newspapers.
Mail Today Newspapers was formed as a joint venture between India Today Group and UK-based Daily Mail to own and operate a daily tabloid.