- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
&TV to air socio-thriller ‘Kuldeepak’ from 27 March
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC &TV is all set to air a new socio-thriller drama ‘Kuldeepak’ from 27 March, every Monday- Friday at 7 pm. It will replace the channel’s existing non-fiction show ‘Happy Hours.’
Set against the backdrop of Rajkot, the show brings together an ensemble cast that includes names like Kirti Nagpure and little Vansh Maheshwari in the lead roles along with Shardul Pandit, Raju Kher, Sanyogita Bhave, Samir Rajda and Mansi Patel.
With this socio-thriller drama, &TV will experiment with one of its lesser explored genre. ‘Kuldeepak’ is the story of a mother who is faced with the challenge of transforming her child.
The series deals with questions like what happens when the child is a manifestation of an evil soul. How will a mother protect her child and how far will she go to bring out the good in him? It’s not the end of her journey but the test of her unconditional love, grit and determination.
Produced by Shobhna Desai Productions, ‘Kuldeepak’ unfolds with Vidya (Kirti Nagpure), who belongs to a traditional Gujarati family, expecting her first child Chirag (Vansh Maheshwari). While the entire family awaits the arrival of the little one, there is an evil force who has identified Vidya’s womb to be born again. Thus, begins the struggle of a mother who is faced with a challenge of changing her son from a Shaitaan to Insaan. She may falter at times as his intentions grow stronger but will she give up her battle? Will her unconditional love help overpower the evil force and bring out the goodness in him?
Said Nagpure, “A mother’s love and affection towards her child is unconditional and it’s an extremely relatable emotion. Kuldeepak highlights this very emotion with its unique concept designed around the relationship of a mother and child. As artists, we thrive to play powerful roles across genres and I am glad that a character as strong as Vidya has come my way. She will go to any length to protect and transform her child from a negative force to a good soul. I consider myself lucky to get an opportunity to portray such a strong character which will not just entertain but inspire audiences.”