- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
&TV set to launch with Indian version of ‘The Voice’
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) is giving final touches to its upcoming Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) under the ‘&’ bouquet. &TV, as the channel is called, is slated to launch by the end of this quarter.
&TV will have its flagship non-fiction show in the internationally acclaimed singing reality format ‘The Voice’. The company had acquired the rights to the format last year from its distributor Talpa Media. &TV has commissioned Endemol India to produce the singing reality show for the channel.
One of the purest vocal talent competitions ever, ‘The Voice’ has no role for looks. The show is all about real talent—the voice. As per the format, four judges select some of the nation’s most promising unknown vocalists to coach and the selection process is based on the voice alone.
Meanwhile, the channel has also commissioned top production houses like Shashi Sumeet Productions, Swastik Productions and Saregama for fiction content.
As reported first by TelevisionPost.com, &TV’s investment will be to the tune of Rs 700–1,000 crore (Rs 7–10 billion) over three to five years.