- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
&TV partners mobile game app QuizUp
MUMBAI: ZEEL’s newly launched Hindi GEC &TV has partnered mobile game application QuizUp to create an exclusive topic ‘Common Sense – Indian’ for the channel’s reality show ‘India Poochega: Sabse Shaana Kaun?’
Through this partnership, &TV will be the only Indian GEC to be featured on the global app. In sync with the format of the show, the topic on the app will be powered by &TV.
Featuring under the lifestyle category, the topic ‘Common Sense – Indian’ consists of over 400 unique questions and one can challenge a random competitor around the globe, or even one’s Facebook friends, to establish their ‘shaanpatti’.
&TV business head Rajesh Iyer said, “India Poochega: Sabse Shaana Kaun? epitomises street smartness and blends perfectly with the format of QuizUp where you have two people trying to outsmart each other in a stipulated timeframe. QuizUp is popular across age groups and this partnership has enabled us to gauge our brand consumption and extended the format experience on a digital platform.”
Additionally, it was the most played topic in India from 2 March to 9 March, with an overall average time spent of 28 minutes. Users have already spent 8,358 hours in total playing the topic, states the team.
QuizUp editor-in-chief Vala Halldorsdottir said, “We are thrilled over this partnership with &TV. ‘Common Sense – Indian’ topic has been very popular in QuizUp and is a great addition to our platform. After only two weeks, Indian users have already spent 8,358 hours in total playing the topic, which is just amazing.”
‘QuizUp’ is a popular real-time trivia game in which one user competes with another during seven rounds of multiple-choice questions across varied topics. The game is available in six languages. With over 33 million players the world over, it plays over 1,000 topics and connects people through shared interests.