- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Turner to drive L&M for Mr Bean in Asia
MUMBAI: Tiger Aspect Productions, an Endemol company, has appointed Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific as its exclusive licensing agent in Asia for Mr Bean franchise effective immediately.
Cartoon Network Enterprises, Turner Asia Pacific’s dedicated licensing division, will drive the licensing activity for Mr Bean for the next three years and will represent the brand in key markets in Southeast Asia as well as India.
In 2015, Mr Bean celebrates its 25th anniversary with the brand going from strength to strength. The second installment of The Mr Bean Animated Series is set to debut in Asia Pacific in April, broadcast on Turner’s kids’ channels including on Boomerang in Southeast Asia and Australia, on Cartoon Network in Japan and on Pogo in India.
Cartoon Network Enterprises Asia Pacific VP Melissa Tinker said, “It is extremely exciting to be representing a brand with such a powerful presence in Asia. For a quarter of a century now, audiences have been chuckling along to the antics of Mr Bean – and his famous teddy – and Rowan Atkinson’s unique creation has become a genuine global brand. It’s a perfect complement to our already strong portfolio.”
Mr Bean executive producer Katherine Senior added, “I am delighted that we have been able to strengthen our global relationship with Turner in Asia. I am really looking forward to working with the Cartoon Network Enterprises team to bring some fun and innovative Mr Bean products, and services to a region where Mr Bean is so hugely popular.”