- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Turner launches Korean drama & variety channel ‘OH!K’
MUMBAI: Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific has signed a volume deal with Korea’s leading broadcaster MBC to infuse content for the network’s new general entertainment channel ‘OH!K’.
The brand new addition to Turner’s growing portfolio of general entertainment channels will soon be available for viewers in Southeast Asia. OH!K will boast of Korean TV programming that will feature premium drama series as well as variety programming powered by MBC.
Turner Asia Pacific president Ricky Ow said, “Oh!K combines the best in content with Turner’s proven history in curating some of the most successful channels in Asia Pacific. We are thrilled to partner with MBC in creating what I’m sure will be an iconic brand for Southeast Asia, and we are looking forward to introducing it to the region in the coming months.”
Oh!K will have first pick of MBC content, including first-runs and exclusives soon after their initial transmission debut in Korea, with some shows airing within a week. The channel will also feature some music programming.
MBC executive managing director media business Jung Woo Oh added, “We are very proud to be partnering with Turner to give viewers unparalleled access to some of the most engaging Korean TV content. The launch of Oh!K will allow an even bigger audience to enjoy MBC’s unique brand of storytelling, and we can’t wait to share our best shows with fans in Southeast Asia.”
MBC produces around 1400 hours of content each year, distributed in over 100 countries. Its current hit shows include drama series ‘Diary of a Night Watchman’, ‘You Are My Destiny’, ‘Triangle’ and the long-running variety show ‘Infinite Challenge’ and reality show ‘Dad, Where Are We Going?’
The launch of Oh!K follows Turner’s April announcement that it will assume full operational and programming control of Warner TV, the leading English language entertainment channel in Singapore.