- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Turner gets MIB approval to launch HBO HD
MUMBAI: Turner International India has received the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting’s (MIB) approval to launch HBO HD, which will replace HBO Hits.
The original plan was to launch HBO HD in April 2016. However, regulatory approvals took time.
Late last year, the company had announced the shutting down of HBO Hits and HBO Defined. HBO HD, which is to take the place of HBO Hits, is the high-definition version of HBO in India.
Turner also has WB in its English entertainment portfolio.
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, HBO was refreshed earlier this year with a fresh new look reflecting a complete revamp of content and audience engagement.
The channel’s present tagline is ‘Experience Hollywood’. HBO’s new packaging aims to reflect a youthful and aspirational viewer demographic, and was redesigned to present content to a local, but worldly, audience.