- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Turner appoints Awantika Sood as sales director for Southeast Asia
MUMBAI: Turner International Asia Pacific has appointed Awantika Sood as the new sales director for Southeast Asia with immediate effect.
In her new role, Sood will represent the broadcaster’s kids and entertainment brands in Southeast Asia. She will be based at Turner’s office in Singapore.
Turner Southeast Asia Pacific and North Asia MD and SVP Phil Turner said, “We’re really pleased to have Awantika onboard in this key position as we continue to make significant investments in our Kids and Entertainment portfolio. With her previous experience and extensive industry relationships, I am confident she will help us build upon our success in the Southeast Asia region.”
Sood will be responsible for local and regional advertising sales revenues for television and digital entertainment properties like Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Toonami, WarnerTV, Oh!K and truTV.
A significant part of her remit is to implement ‘beyond-ratings’ initiatives, as well as explore branded-entertainment opportunities for multiple platforms.
She will also spearhead Turner’s advertising sales strategy, driving regional revenue growth by developing new client accounts and digital expansion in key markets including Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Phillipines.
Prior to this role, she managed ad sales for TV and digital platforms at BBC Advertising.
Sood has previously held sales and marketing positions at Fox International Channels in Singapore, and Star TV in both Singapore and India.