- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
travelxp HD to launch in Europe by 15 Aug
MUMBAI: travelxp HD set to launch in Europe by 15 August through a partnership with Telekom Austria Group.
Telekom Austria Group and travelxp HD have entered into an agreement that encompasses the technical satellite contribution of travelxp HD television channel in Central and Eastern Europe.
With its DTH platform, Telekom Austria Group will act as a technical contributor for travelxp’s Balkan CEE feeds over the Eutelsat 16A satellite.
This tie-up is aimed at expanding travelxp’s presence in the Central and Eastern European countries like Croatia, Bulgaria, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Serbia, Macedonia and eventually the whole of Europe to further strengthen its global presence.
travelxp added that it is also a front runner in using 4K technology and already filmed more than 100 hours of UHD travel content. The channel is all set to launch in 4K by February 2017 globally.
Telekom Austria Group Wholesale interim director Franz Bader said, “We are delighted to announce this partnership with travelxp HD which reflects the strong and reliable position Telekom Austria Group Wholesale achieved to obtain within the industry.”
Further adding, he said that the partnership would help them to efficiently use their own infrastructure while thanking his group’s existing backbone network as well as the teleport Aflenz: “An infrastructure that enables the continuous delivery of high-quality and state-of-the-art technical services.”
travelxp HD CEO Prashant M Chothani said, “It is the right time for travelxp to create its edge in the European travel and lifestyle television market. We have a strong foothold in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and North America and foresee this tie-up as a reliable extension to our ever-expanding partnerships with service providers in potential markets.
“Also, the European pay TV market has added 10 million subscriptions in the last 10 years. The growth of HD TV channels has increased over 240% and continues to grow.”