- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Travelxp HD launches food show ‘Quest’
MUMBAI: Travel channel Travelxp HD is all set to celebrate the magic of old-age recipes through its new food show ‘Quest’, slated to launch on 1 February.
Airing every Saturday at 8:30 pm, the show will uncover forgotten recipes from across the globe and also dig out the story behind each dish and what makes it unique. The show will be hosted by food enthusiast Alex, who has won a National Award for her cooking skills.
The gastronomic journey will present grandmother’s old recipes like Bulgarian Cheese Turnover Banitza, Russian/Ukrainian Stuffed Potato Dumplings Pampushki, Romanian Stuffed Polenta Balls Mamaliga, Serbian Cheese Spread Kajmak, Polish White Borscht Bialy Barszcz, Indian Gosht Bandwesh of Rewa, Croatian/Serbian Stuffed Cabbage Sarma, Czech Braised Cabbage Dusene Zeli, and Hungarian Tomato-Pepper Stew Lecso among others.
The channel claims that grandmother’s age-old recipes are in trend and that with growing awareness. People have realised that traditional food is the key to nutrition and health. The demand for traditional food is now outgrowing the demand for latest recipes as audiences are now turning back to their roots.
This is the fourth food show from the channel. The first three are ‘Food Highway’, showcasing various food joints on highways in India and abroad, ‘Strictly Streets’, and ‘Foodicted’, which features international food joints.