- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
TLC to present culinary battle in ‘The Taste’ from 2 March
MUMBAI: Lifestyle channel TLC will present a culinary battle between multi award-winning food writer and television presenter Nigella Lawson, chef and television personality Anthony Bourdain and chef Ludo Lefebvre in the new food competition series ‘The Taste’. Viewers can watch teams of professional and amateur cooks battle it out to impress these tough-to-please judges.
The show kicks off on 2 March and will air every Monday and Tuesday at 9 pm.
The trio is in search to find out UK’s first winner of ‘The Taste’. Twelve competitors, from varied backgrounds, cook dishes in an attempt to impress three of the world’s most famous chefs. Three teams of four aspiring chefs are mentored by the trio, where they take on each other to survive the extreme fight to be the first winner of ‘The Taste’.
Discovery executive VP, GM South Asia, South East Asia Rahul Johri said, “As the pioneer of lifestyle entertainment in India, TLC has been an incubator of new and unique formats on cuisine, travel, makeover, relationships etc. With THE TASTE, TLC brings three of the world’s most renowned chefs together to mentor and judge cooks from all over the UK and select one who will be crowned the champion.”
All the dishes will be judged in a blind taste test. Each episode will witness the collision of fiery challenges, blind-taste eliminations and simmering egos which are cooked up as the contestants’ battle it out to please the palates of the mentors.