- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Times Now regains supremacy in English TV news genre
MUMBAI: Times Now has hit back and how. The English news channel from Times Network, which had conceded its pole position in the English TV news genre to the newly rechristened India Today Television just for a week, has jumped back and hard.
According to the latest viewership data released by BARC India for the week ended 12 June, Times Now’s viewership is more than three times its nearest competitor India Today TV.
As per the data for Week 23 for NCCS AB male viewers over 22 years in all India market, Times Now added more than 85.6 per cent viewership to its previous week’s tally.
India Today TV was left at No. 2.
NDTV24X7, meanwhile, witnessed an increase in its viewership. However, it stayed put at No. 3 in the English news channel hierarchy.
Hindi news genre
The Hindi general news genre saw India TV overtake ABP News to claim the second spot.
Interestingly, all three Hindi news players—Aaj Tak, India TV and ABP News—saw a spurt in their viewership in the Hindi-speaking market (NCCS all).
Business news channels
The English and Hindi business news genres did not see any change in the pecking order.
In the English business news genre, CNBC-TV18 and ET Now witnessed gain in viewership, while NDTV Profit/Prime experienced a fall.
In the Hindi business news genre, both CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business witnessed over 85 per cent growth.