- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Times Network launches Movies Now 2 HD for Rs 30 on a la carte
MUMBAI: Times Network has launched the high-definition (HD) version of Movies Now 2. The channel is priced at Rs 30 on a la carte basis.
The channel as of now is only present on Airtel Digital TV. More deals will be sewn up in the coming week.
The standard-definition (SD) version of Movies Now 2 was launched in June. With the tagline ‘Hollywood’s Wild Child’, the channel is being pushed as being rebellious and energetic. Its target group is 15–35 versus Movies Now’s TG of 15–50.
Movies Now 2 consumes from a library of 300 films and a lot of them will not air on its sister channels. There is a premiere every month. In all, Times Network has 1,200 movies in its library. Last year it acquired an additional 25–30% movie content to take into account the new channel.
Currently, the broadcaster is not charging for Movies Now 2 and Movies Now 2 HD channels and they are offered on promotional basis. However, this offer may be withdrawn by the broadcaster at any time at its sole discretion without any notice.
Movies Now 2 is priced Rs 17.66 on a la carte basis for non-addressable markets and Rs 7.42 for addressable markets.