- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Times Network launches Movies Now 2 HD for Rs 30 on a la carte
MUMBAI: Times Network has launched the high-definition (HD) version of Movies Now 2. The channel is priced at Rs 30 on a la carte basis.
The channel as of now is only present on Airtel Digital TV. More deals will be sewn up in the coming week.
The standard-definition (SD) version of Movies Now 2 was launched in June. With the tagline ‘Hollywood’s Wild Child’, the channel is being pushed as being rebellious and energetic. Its target group is 15–35 versus Movies Now’s TG of 15–50.
Movies Now 2 consumes from a library of 300 films and a lot of them will not air on its sister channels. There is a premiere every month. In all, Times Network has 1,200 movies in its library. Last year it acquired an additional 25–30% movie content to take into account the new channel.
Currently, the broadcaster is not charging for Movies Now 2 and Movies Now 2 HD channels and they are offered on promotional basis. However, this offer may be withdrawn by the broadcaster at any time at its sole discretion without any notice.
Movies Now 2 is priced Rs 17.66 on a la carte basis for non-addressable markets and Rs 7.42 for addressable markets.